Certified Nursing Assistant NYC
A certified nurse aide helps care for ill, injured, disabled and/or infirm individuals in nursing homes. Under the supervision of nursing and medical staff, nurse aides answer patient 'call bells,' deliver messages, serve meals, make beds, and help patients eat, dress and bathe. Aides may provide skin care to patients, take temperatures, pulse and respiration, and help patients walk and get in and out of bed. Nurse aides observe patients' mental, physical and emotional conditions and report changes to the nursing and medical staff. Upon successful completion of this course, students will receive a certificate of completion and will be eligible to challenge a Certified Nurses Aide exam that consists of two parts: 1) a Clinical Skills exam (practical portion); and 2) a Written (oral) exam.
Nurse Aide/Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Core Values of Communication and Interpersonal Skills
Safety and Emergency Procedures, including Heimlich maneuver
Promoting Resident’s Independence,
Respecting Residents’ Rights,
Maintaining Care & Security of Residents’ personal possessions,
Avoiding the need for restraints
Basic Nursing Skills
Taking and recording vital signs.
Measuring and recording height and weight.
Caring for the residents’ environment.
Recognizing abnormal changes in body functioning and the importance of reporting such changes to a supervisor.
Freedom from pain.
Care of the Dying Patient/Resident.
Personal Care Skills
Overview for personal care.
Bathing, Grooming/Care of Hair, Mouth & Teeth, Nails, Ears.
Dressing, Toileting, Assisting with eating and hydration, Proper feeding techniques.
Skin care and Alternations in Skin. Transfers, positioning, and turning, Ambulation.
Sleep and Rest Needs: (a) Activity, Rest and Exercise (b) Sleep Patterns and Disturbances.
Mental Health and Social Services needs
Developmental task that occur with the aging Process.
How to respond to resident behaviors.
Modifying aide’s behavior in response to resident’s behavior.
Allowing the resident to make personal choices, providing and reinforcing other behavior consistent with the resident’s dignity.
Family as a source of emotional support.
Care of Residents with Special Needs
Dealing with the Cognitively Impaired Resident.
Communicating with cognitively impaired residents.
Basic Restorative Services
Training the resident in self-care according to the resident’s abilities.
Use of assistive devices in transferring, ambulating, eating and dressing.
Maintenance of range of motion.
Proper turning and positioning in bed and chairs.
Care and use of prosthetic and orthodontic devices.
Hours: 136 Hrs
Class Hours 101 Hrs
Internship in a RHCF 30 Hrs
Career Preparation 5 Hrs
A clock hour equals one class period of 60 minutes of lecture or practice
The student will be provided with MetroCard transportation in the Externship part of the nursing program, which will require 30 hours in an affiliated nursing home or hospital. We will attempt to accommodate the student’s scheduling in the enrollment agreement.
As an authorized CompTIA partner, Institute of Information Technology offers up-to-date CompTIA training and certification courses. A CompTIA certification is an international industry credential.
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ Boot Camp
- IT Professional Bootcamp
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Server+
- CompTIA Project+
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
- CompTIA Train Teh Trainer (CTT+)
- CompTIA Cloud+ Training
- CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training
- CompTIA CDIA+
- CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Training
- Network and System Administrator
- Computer Support Specialist
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications Specialist
- Network and System Administrator Manager
- Computer Support Aadministrator
- Computer And Information Systems Security Analyst
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications Administrator
- Computer Systems Networking And Telecommunications Manager
- Network And System Administrator Manager Professional
Institute of Information Technology is honored to be an authorized CISCO Network Academy Training Institute. CISCO is the worldwide leader in networking. CISCO has shaped the future of the internet by transforming how people connect, communicate and collaborate.
- CISCO MASTER
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 - ICND1
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 2 - ICND2
- CCNA Routing and Switching
- CCNP Routing and Switching
- CISCO-Individualized CCNA Routing and Switching
- CCNA Security
- CCNP Security
- CCNA Collaboration
- CCNP Collaboration
- CCNA Service Provider
- CCNP Service Provider
- Implementing Cisco Collaboration Devices
- Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices
- Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony & Video
- Implementing Cisco Collaboration Application
- Implementing Cisco IP Telephony & Video, Part 1
- Implementing Cisco IP Telephony & Video, Part 2
Institute of Information Technology has the honor of being an authorized EC-Council Accredited Training Center. EC-Council is the worldwide leader in Cyber Security course content. EC-Council has changed the future of the internet by transforming how people deal with and prevent cyberattack.
- Hacking Apprentice
- Hacking Professional
- Cybersecurity Master
- Hacking Master
- Certified Ethical Hacker Training Program C| EH
- Certified Ethical Hacker Practical C| EH
- Certified Network Defender Certification C| ND
- Licensed Penetration Tester Master L| PT (Master)
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator Certification C| HFI
- EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA) Penetration Testing
- Certified Secure Computer User C| SCU
- Certified Network Defense Architect C| NDA
- Project Management in IT Security P| MIT
- EC-Council Network Security Administrator E| NSA
- Certified Cyber Marketing Professional C| CMP
- EC- Council Certified Incident Handler Program E| CIH
- EC-Council Certified Security Specialist E| CSS
- EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer .NET E| CSP
- EC-Council Certified Disaster Recovery E| CDR
- Virtualization Technology Professional E| CVT
- EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist E| CES
- EC-COUNCIL DISASTER RECOVERY PROFESSIONAL E| DRP
- Advanced Network Defense (CAST 614)
- Certified Application Security Engineer (CASE)
- Cyber Security Boot Camp