Licensed Penetration Tester Course
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Why should I be licensed?
- I am already a Penetration Tester, why do I need to be a Licensed Penetration Tester?
- What is the difference between a Licensed Penetration Tester and a Certified Ethical Hacker?
- Why do I need to supply police verification?
- What benefits does the EC-Council’s License for Penetration Testing give?
- What is the eligibility criteria to apply for the LPT (Master) exam?
- How long does the application process take?
- Is the $100 application fee refundable?
- The approved application is valid for 3 months from the date of approval.
- What is the next step once the application is approved?
- What will I receive as part of my purchase towards the LPT (Master) exam?
- The Aspen Dashboard access code is valid for 3 months from date of receipt.
- How long is the Aspen Dashboard access valid for?
- What does the Dashboard consist of?
- What is the structure of the exam?
- What is the duration of the exam?
- How much notice is required to book the exam session?
- What are the important things to keep in mind before I schedule my exam?
- What is the retake policy?
- Can the dashboard be extended?
- How many times can I extend the dashboard?
- What is the validity of the LPT (Master) certification?
- Does the LPT (Master) certification fall under ECE policy or not?
- What is the annual membership fee of LPT (Master) certification?
Penetration testers today have been certified by different agencies. But are they trusted? Do they follow a code of ethics? The answer is no. The Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT) program offered by Institute of Information Technology gives certified penetration testers the opportunity to practice their skills so that they are able to function as a licensed penetration tester. EC-Council’s licensed penetration testers use hands-on penetration testing methodologies and are trained by experts and specialists who are licensed penetration testers from EC-Council.
Being a penetration tester would be of little help in this insecure world. Corporate organizations today are looking for penetration testers who can analyze vulnerabilities of the network and who can be trusted not to disclose network vulnerabilities to competitors. Thereby, many companies would be looking for a Penetration Tester who is licensed to carry out these tasks and who has hands-on experience in penetration testing.
A Certified Ethical Hacker would be an individual who is trained in mastering hacking technologies. A Licensed Penetration Tester is a professional who is equipped with a License to conduct penetration testing of corporate networks. Licensed Penetration Testers are preferred over non-licensed ones by companies for recruitments/assignments.
Police verification is preferred, though not mandatory. However, one of the requirements of being able to avail a license in Penetration Testing is that the candidate should be able to supply a photocopy of his / her criminal background check that is available through any local law enforcement agency. The document should certify that the individual does not have any criminal record / background.
With the Licensed Penetration Testing (LPT) program from EC-Council, companies are assured that Licensed Penetration Testers are being taught, tested and licensed by a globally recognized and professionally managed body like EC-Council. Thus, organizations can be completely assured and confident of the deliverables of the Licensed Penetration Tester certification authorized by EC-Council. This can be compared to availing a driving license from your license issuing authority.
To be eligible to apply to sit for the LPT (Master) Exam, candidate must either:
Be an ECSA member in good standing (Your USD100 application fee will be waived);
or Have a minimum of 2 years working experience in pen testing (You will need to pay USD100 as a non-refundable application fee);
On an average, application processing time would be between 5-10 working days once the verifiers on the application respond to EC-Council’s requests for information.
No, the $100 application fee is not refundable
How long is an approved application valid for?
Once your application is approved you can proceed to purchase your exam voucher either from Institute of Information Technology Online Store or one of our authorised training channels.
You will receive an Aspen Dashboard access code with instructions as part of your purchase towards the LPT (Master) exam.
How long is the Aspen Dashboard access code valid for?
The Aspen Dashboard access is valid for 45 days from the day it is unlocked using a valid key.
The Dashboard consists of:
Detailed Instruction guide
Exam scheduling service
Exam launching service
Exam progress tracking
Sample report templates
Status of report
The candidate is required to complete 3 levels of the challenge and submit their pen testing report in-order to complete the exam. Each level consists of 3 challenges. It is mandatory to complete at least one challenge per level to qualify for the next stage.
The exam challenge duration is 6 hours per level.
Sessions are required to be booked 3 days in advance of the desired exam date.
Note: All exam sessions are proctored by Institute of Information Technology Certification department.
Once you are ready to proceed with your exam, you need to ensure you understand the below:
Cancellation requests are to be made 24 hours in advance.
Rescheduling is possible 72 hours prior to the exam session
Candidate has a grace period of 15 minutes to show up for the exam session.
After 3 no-show cases the candidate will be required to seek special permission from the Director – Certification in order to proceed with their attempt.
Retake exam requests can be only purchased should a student fail by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Retake exam attempts will be priced at $199 per level.
Note: All 3 levels of the challenges as well as the report is required to be submitted within the 45 days window. This includes re-attempts if any
Report submission can be extended for 7 days only by paying $100 as long as the dashboard is active.
Note: Should the dashboard expire the candidate will need to purchase a new kit.
The LPT (Master) certification is valid for two (2) years from the date of certification.
Yes, the LPT (Master) certification falls under the ECE policy.
$250 per annum.
As an authorized CompTIA partner, Institute of Information Technology offers up-to-date CompTIA training and certification courses. A CompTIA certification is an international industry credential.
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ Boot Camp
- IT Professional Bootcamp
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Server+
- CompTIA Project+
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
- CompTIA Train Teh Trainer (CTT+)
- CompTIA Cloud+ Training
- CompTIA PenTest+ Certification Training
- CompTIA CDIA+
- CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Training
- Network and System Administrator
- Computer Support Specialist
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications Specialist
- Network and System Administrator Manager
- Computer Support Aadministrator
- Computer And Information Systems Security Analyst
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications Administrator
- Computer Systems Networking And Telecommunications Manager
- Network And System Administrator Manager Professional
Institute of Information Technology is honored to be an authorized CISCO Network Academy Training Institute. CISCO is the worldwide leader in networking. CISCO has shaped the future of the internet by transforming how people connect, communicate and collaborate.
- CISCO MASTER
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 - ICND1
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 2 - ICND2
- CCNA Routing and Switching
- CCNP Routing and Switching
- CISCO-Individualized CCNA Routing and Switching
- CCNA Security
- CCNP Security
- CCNA Collaboration
- CCNP Collaboration
- CCNA Service Provider
- CCNP Service Provider
- Implementing Cisco Collaboration Devices
- Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices
- Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony & Video
- Implementing Cisco Collaboration Application
- Implementing Cisco IP Telephony & Video, Part 1
- Implementing Cisco IP Telephony & Video, Part 2
Institute of Information Technology has the honor of being an authorized EC-Council Accredited Training Center. EC-Council is the worldwide leader in Cyber Security course content. EC-Council has changed the future of the internet by transforming how people deal with and prevent cyberattack.
- Hacking Apprentice
- Hacking Professional
- Cybersecurity Master
- Hacking Master
- Certified Ethical Hacker Training Program C| EH
- Certified Ethical Hacker Practical C| EH
- Certified Network Defender Certification C| ND
- Licensed Penetration Tester Master L| PT (Master)
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator Certification C| HFI
- EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA) Penetration Testing
- Certified Secure Computer User C| SCU
- Certified Network Defense Architect C| NDA
- Project Management in IT Security P| MIT
- EC-Council Network Security Administrator E| NSA
- Certified Cyber Marketing Professional C| CMP
- EC- Council Certified Incident Handler Program E| CIH
- EC-Council Certified Security Specialist E| CSS
- EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer .NET E| CSP
- EC-Council Certified Disaster Recovery E| CDR
- Virtualization Technology Professional E| CVT
- EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist E| CES
- EC-COUNCIL DISASTER RECOVERY PROFESSIONAL E| DRP
- Advanced Network Defense (CAST 614)
- Certified Application Security Engineer (CASE)
- Cyber Security Boot Camp